Test Run Generator
All-pairs, or pair-wise, testing can help you identify the minimum combinations of input variables needed to ensure adequate test coverage while substantially reducing your overall testing effort. Seapine's all-pairs test run generation tool uses output from an all-pairs tool to automate the generation of test runs in TestTrack TCM. You specify a test case to generate the test runs for and provide the input pairs file. There are also options that allow you to match pairs with TestTrack TCM test variant data or specify a test run set.
The application supports most all-pairs tools. The all-pairs matrix input file must meet the following requirements:
- It must be a comma-separated value (CSV) file.
- The first line of the file must be the pair names.
- The file must contain only pair information.
Using Test Run Generator
Note: These instructions are provided as is; Seapine does not provide support for samples.
Detailed instructions are installed with the application, but here is a quick overview:
1. Configure to read your all-pairs matrix input file and TestTrack TCM
2. Map the input file's matrix variables to TestTrack TCM test variants
3. Generate your test runs
4. TestTrack TCM records the variants with each test
Test Run Generator runs on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server, and Vista. The application is written in C# with Visual Studio.Net 2003 and requires the .NET v1.1 Framework. It also uses the SOAP-based TestTrack SDK to communicate with the TestTrack Server, so you'll need that installed on your web server as well.
TestRunGeneratorInstaller.zip - contains the installer, which installs the application, documentation, and source code.